- After a penalty, the next faceoff automatically starts in the team that commits the penalties zone.
- Making any contact while racing for an icing call must be for the sole purpose of playing the puck and not eliminating the opponent from playing the puck, and a penalty will be assessed if you break this rule
- If a shot goes off of post or crossbar, the faceoff will happen inside the zone instead of it coming out like it used to.
This offseason, I have a few things I would like to see changed:
- Get rid of the "trapizoid". I just think it stupid. If you have a goalie that is good at puck handling, he shouldn't be restricted from playing it. This is like saying defensman like Mike Green or Kris Letang can't come past the top of the circles in the offensive zone, its stupid.
- Get rid of the instigator penalty. I think we can all agree with this one and no real explination is needed.
- Change the rule on diving, if a player dives, he is the only one that goes off. No tripping penalty or something else to go along with the dive, I mean what will stop people from diving if the worst thing that will happen is a 4 on 4? Also, they need to start actually calling the obvious dives.
What rule changes would you suggest the NHL make for the upcoming season?